It seems like everyday is getting harder and harder with Scarlett in the NICU. There are so many things she still needs to overcome, it almost feels like she will never get better. I hate feeling this way. I just want so badly for her to come home.
I went in for my morning visit at 10:45am. Dr. Berger came over and told me he had received the results of the Chromosome test. It was normal. I sighed a sigh of relief, but they still needed to dig deeper. The only thing this test ruled out was her not having a trisomy, which if she had, she would not live long. They were now going to do a microassay test which takes a closer look at each individual chromosome.
Feedings are going good. She is up to 5ccs right now, but she needs to be at 45ccs and maintain that without any problems for a week before she can come home.
The x-ray of her leg looked good. Renee had rebandaged it a bright red color. She also changed out her bow and cleaned her up before I got there. Scarlett looked so pretty!
I got to hold Scarlett again in the morning for an hour and at night for 45 minutes! It was so great!
Jon met with Cindi, the occupational therapist and she showed him how to stretch Scarlett's muscles.
They also turned Scarlett on her tummy today. It took a lot of nurses to do that- she has a lot of tubes and wires on her that tangle and kink easily.
Scarlett loves tummy time! I hadn't seen the back of her head until today. I think I am going to have fun with her hair!
They also moved her to an isolette today which will keep her warmer and it will be quieter and darker in there so she can use all her energy to get better.
And this is her little home for now in the far right corner of the NICU. We always make a beeline for it once we hit the hospital.
Our other kids have been so good these last couple days. I think they can sense how hard this week has been for me and Jon and so they happily play with one another (most the time) and they listen much better (at least most the time!)
Today, Grey asked where our baby was and then he asked if we lost her. He also said he'd be sure not to put his finger in her mouth so she wouldn't bite him. I love my kids and so grateful they can make me laugh when sometimes I just want to cry.
On the drive home tonight, I looked out my window up at the dusk sky and noticed that the sky seemed bigger. It got me thinking that this world is a big place with so many people in it praying to Heavenly Father. I felt so insignificant, but if only he could hear and answer my prayers just this one time, I thought to myself. If only he could heal Scarlett completely and she could come home tomorrow. But I know that is not what he would want for me or Scarlett right now. I needed to rely on Him right now and exercise my faith and Scarlett needed to get stronger, kind of like how a baby chick needs to crack her own shell as she comes out. Scarlett's lungs will get healthier as she struggles to breath, her body will grow stronger as she fights and her muscles will relax as we do therapy on them, even though she doesn't like it and that is what Heavenly Father wants.






