Monday, August 1, 2011

a few new redos

I have gotten a reputation in my home of constantly changing my decor. I guess I just get bored and need a new look. I remember being the same way as a young teen- my room was rearranged differently every month it seemed.


So things have been through a transformation on the main floor in our home, again. Remember my family room from this post... (yeah, that was slightly embarrassing), but I'm glad to say I finally put that room back together. I sold my 2 mid century mod chairs and with that money, was ably to do so much more. I bought an antique chair, Jon's mom found a green swivel chair from a garage sale for $5, and I've done a few other things.

Cowhide rugs have really grown on me lately. I plan on doing one in my front room some day, but until I can justify spending the money for one like this one, I had to come up with plan B.




So I painted my off white rug I bought from Ikea with black stripes. Here it is before...



during...


and after...
it was one of the easiest projects. I only spent around $55-$60 for everything and it only took maybe 3 or 4 hours to do.



We also recovered the pink princess chair I got off of KSL ads...


to this...



and lastly, I'd been debating on what to do with this small wall space since we moved in almost 2 years ago. Solution... chalkboard paint!!!



I love it, and so do the kids!

now what else can I change...?

7 comments:

JaNae said...

Mandi!!! Your home looks awesome! I love it. One reason I love to come to your home IS because it is always changing...and this is a good change! That is why I love your advice. I love the chalkboard...the rug...the chairs...the new placements on the wall...the "new" t.v. stand!

Annika said...

oh.my.gosh. i am in love with your living room. it's amazing! i love the striped rug. i'm planning on painting a rug this week too! and that yellow chevron chair is perfection. :)

Camilla said...

Oh Mandi! You always have the inspiration I need! It looks absolutly perfect! Your rug turned out so great, and I love your new t.v. stand too. That chalkboard wall is SO fun! And I am so impressed with your chair! I agree with JaNae, that's why we love to come to your house because there will always be something new. :)
Now will you come help me? Please?

Monica said...

Love it, you've done some fun things with your cute house! I read a blog somewhere that shows you how to do colored chalkboard paint. Let's see.... oh yes. http://www.marthastewart.com/271574/custom-color-chalkboard-paint

Aubrey said...

Your house looks great! You guys have great sense of style. Love the projects, they look professional!

Janese said...

I absolutely LOVE what you've done!!! Your home is beautiful! And I love the chalkboard wall. What a clever idea!

Randy and Malissa Johnson said...

You are so talented! I love what you have done...I really love that chair! It was so fun to see you at the museum the other day. Sorry we couldn't chat longer.