I don't know if I should be blabbering this or not, but I just can't hold in the excitement! Today we made our last payment on the money we still owed on our house after we sold it and is also the first day in our almost 5 years of marriage and also my entire adult life...that we are OUT OF DEBT!!! I can't tell you how long I've been counting down the days!
I started reading Dave Ramsey's book, Total Money Makeover, last year and it completely changed my outlook on life. I've never been a huge spender, but I had never been good with money (right Mom?;)) So Jon and I sat down and really buckled down on paying off our debts. I thought the day would never come and it has really taught me to be patient and hang in there.
Dave Ramsey taught me in his book that it takes sacrifice now to have financial freedom in the long run. But let me tell you, it is hard when you want a nice car and nice clothes and all you can settle for is a beat up Pontiac Grand Prix with graham cracker crumbs spread all over the back seats and milk stains on the carpet and $5.00 shirts from Target. I know that Heavenly Father has really strengthened me throught this whole process to just see the end in sight. I don't want anyone to feel bad for me, because really, I am the happiest I've ever been in my life and I am just grateful for a good husband and sweet little children, and of coarse, an awesome family on both sides!
Okay, I'll get off my soap box now. Jon and I decided to celebrate we would go get into debt again;)
12 comments:
Congratulations Mandi! That is so awesome! You guys are so smart. I know what you mean about wanting nice cars and clothes and how hard it is, but it definately will pay off in the long run. 30 years from now, we're planning on traveling the world (that is if I can drag Tyson on an airplane;)!
Congrats! That is way exciting! I have heard a lot about that book and that everyone should read it. Aren't 5 dollars shirts for Target the best though:)
I've heard a lot about that book too. I think I need to read it. Way to go!
Hip Hip Hurray!! Mandi, I am so happy for you guys, that has got to be the world's best feeling!! I am so happy that their are still people in the world who are smart with their money and will sacrifice a little now to have more later!! Love you lots and thanks for the great time yesterday...go food storage!!!
Congratulations!!!!
That is a huge accomplishment! So happy for you. Now you can help me with my house.
Congrats!!! Thats Awesome we are trying are hardest to get to that point too and I would shout out with joy too if I were you guys!!!
Hey, I think we owned the same Pontiac Grand Prix as you guys. Except Brenton broke our side mirror half way off so it looked really sweet. You always look beautiful no matter what you wear. I just love you guys. I am so glad that things are going so well for you. I love hearing positive things....it brightens my day.
Way to go!!!! I am so happy for you guys!! I like Dave too!
That is pretty darn neat I must say!!! Congrats, time to go shopping right?!!!?? Hehe, jk!
Congrats Mandi and Jon! That is a huge accomplishment. Wish we could say the same! It's great to see your good example and the happiness that comes with it!
We are proud of you guys! You are so smart to do that! Love you, Mom/Robyn
Good for you guys!! Way smart to do it during these times. Hope you guys are still doing well, your due date is getting so close!
Post a Comment