Thursday, October 27, 2011

for 2 years now...

we have called this place home.

A lot goes on in this little home of ours. If you were to peak through our front room windows (which I hope you never do:)) you would see that we are a regular family with struggles and joys.

You would probably see:

Hunter playing the "tank game" on the computer,

Grey following us around asking for his "bobby." (his sippy cup of milk),

and Jaina playing with her snail shell she found this morning on our walk home from Hunter's school.

You would probably see me happily going about my day except for those few moments where I pull out fist fulls of hair and then you'd hear Jaina ask why I have mad eyes.

You would see Jon either chasing the kids around or reading something new on his Ipad, (which I swear has become a new organ to his body.)
You would see that we love to make our home welcome to all who may come in.










Outside you would see a few changes since we moved in.

Our October Glory maple trees are getting taller each year and will one day provide lots of shade for our children on hot Summer days.


There are several plants we planted this year namely a vegetable garden, a few fruit trees, a weeping pine and some beautiful flowering kale.


You would see that we didn't quite plant our grapes and raspberries this Summer and that I'm sure I'll regret it next year.


You will see our little garden tucked away for the Winter and that it provided for us very well this past year.
You will see that the grass seed we planted last Fall has now filled in and makes for a soft place to lay-and makes for a lot less dirt in our house, too.
You will see why we love where we live. We are surrounded by good people and beautiful mountains. And it doesn't hurt that their is a Cafe Rio nearby.
And you will know why we love to play outside before it gets dark.

And we love that we moved in at the dawn of the holiday season and that this year as we look past on our last 2 years here, we are grateful to have each other and our cozy little home.

2 comments:

JaNae said...

I squealed when I saw there was a post from you! I love it...and you DO have an incredibly welcoming home. I love any chance I get to come. Your yard looks amazing this year, I am so happy for you guys. You both have such a good eye. (btw we watched several episodes of modern family last night and just about died laughing, that "couple" just makes the show!)

Camilla said...

I'm with JaNae, I was so excited to see you posted! I am so thankful for your house, because I'm so inspired by it (and you). You are so amazing at making things beautiful. I love your porch and your garden and all you've done with your yard. I need to come visit in person again! :)