Monday, July 11, 2011

lucky seven

*the number on our house
*about how big we want our family to be one day
*the number of times I have to tell the kids to do something before they do it.
*the time my water broke when I was expecting our first baby (7pm)
*about how many minutes it took Jon to decide he wanted to marry me on our first date... but thankfully didn't tell me right then:)
*the month we were married in (July)
*and how many years I've been married to my best friend.

Marrying Jon was the easiest and the best decision I have ever made!

I remember months before our wedding, we were deciding which temple to marry in. I really wanted the SL temple, but it was closed until a month after our planned wedding date. I just knew I couldn't wait an extra month to get married, so we both agreed on the Bountiful temple.

And now we can see it lit up each night out of Hunter and Grey's bedroom window.

I feel pretty grateful that we can be a family forever if I keep those covenants I made 7 years ago. Every day when I look at my children, I feel so very blessed to have them be ours and that we get to experience life together. I've learned that my life is not my own anymore, but is so much more joyful than it was before I met Jon. I feel pretty lucky that we can share our memories together, some that are sad, but mostly happy!
Our honeymoon 7 years ago was so fun and relaxing at Johnson's Mill in Heber valley. I was so excited to begin the rest of my life with Jon! Little did we know that our family would more than double in only 5 years:)
We spent this year at the Anniversary Inn in Logan. It was so fun as long as I didn't think of the dozens of other couples that had been there. eeewww!
Our room was the only cheap room left, the Arctic. It was actually a pretty "cool" room:)
The one thing that is fun about Jon is that he likes to shop at antique stores, and he has "a good eye for a straight guy" interior design sense (he would die if he knew I was sharing this on here:))

so we checked out a lot of the antique malls in Logan, which are a.w.e.s.o.m.e!
We then ate out at our fav restaurant, Juniper Takeout and even saw a beautiful rainbow driving into Cache valley. It was so much fun to spend some time together, since we don't get out without the kids very often.
Which speaking of the kids... they had so much fun with Grandma and Papa Pearson who kindly watched them over night! I think that was the highlight of our kids Summer!

Love you sweetie!!!

3 comments:

Camilla said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are seriously one of the cutest couples around! What a happy 7 years with your cute family. And a perfect overnight date! I love that Antique mall in Logan.I could spend the entire day there...Tyson, not so much. :)
Hope to see you soon!

Annika said...

7 years?! whoa. you must be so wise. :) aren't logan's antique stores the best?! and we LOVE juniper! mmmmm. how fun to have a little over night getaway!

JaNae said...

Happy Anniversary! You two are the best! I love that you got to go on an overnighter together and just spend time together. The pictures are so fun...
I will see you in just a couple of hours!!
Oh, didn't mom and dad stay at the Anniversary Inn??